Ads 468x60px

Friday, November 18, 2011

Help please!


I have now made 4 hangings for the ALQS4 swap would you believe. These are the two that I have just finished.


NUMBER 4


Yes, I know, I have come across this phrase from Spenser's The Faerie Queene ,and now I will use it to death. :)


Close up:


4 CLOSE 1 And the final one (which is my absolute favourite. The finish has turned out really well – a near perfect ‘rusty’ effect) :


NUMBER 2 Close ups: 2 CLOSE 1


2 CLOSE 2


2 CLOSE 3


And now this is where I need help. Which one to send? Can I ask you to vote for one? I will then put the one with the most votes in the ALQS4 swap.


Anyone leaving a number in the message box will have their name put in the ‘hat’ and if you would like one of the remaining three I will gladly send it to you.


Here then are the contenders. All on a Duck Cotton Canvas background, with batting & backing and machine stitched. Sizes are approximate as the edges all need turning and backing!


NUMBER 1


NUMBER 1 Dressmaking Pattern Tissue Paper, acrylic paints. Quinacridone Nickel Azo Gold and Paynes Grey background. 60 x 60 cms.


See here for larger version and close ups.


NUMBER 2


NUMBER 2 Pelmet Vilene lettering, Scrim. Transparent Red Iron Oxide and Paynes Grey background. 64 x 44 cms.


NUMBER 3


NUMBER 3 Foil, Fusible Webbing, Dressmaking Pattern Tissue Paper, Organza, rusted metal buttons. Transparent Red Iron Oxide background. 48 x 40 cms.


See here for larger version and close ups.


NUMBER 4


NUMBER 4 Scrim, Xpandaprint. Iridescent Bronze acrylic. Quinacridone Nickel Azo Gold and Paynes Grey background. 52 x 46 cms.


Remember, they all look better in the flesh! Especially number 4, just can’t seem to get a true photograph of that one.


Look what I got in the post today:


BOOK The latest d4Daisy book. And I can tell you it is fabulous. Really lovely photography. The back says it’s a book for the coffee table and the workroom – and that is so true. Its another ‘must have’. If you order it from d4Daisy you stand a chance of getting a package of goodies from Maggie Grey.


I’m off to Kent tomorrow to give a ‘rusty’ workshop to Pat and her fellow EG members. What, nervous? Me? *LOL*




Posted by R2blog . R2blog auto post for blogspot. Download at http://R2blogger.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment